2020 Annual Report (pdf)
Edited by Aaron Weiskittel & Meg Fergusson
Highlights of 2020
- In FY20, CRSF researchers brought in 13 awards worth $4,303,096. This is an increase of nearly $3.75M from FY19.
- CRSF researchers submitted 20 proposals in FY20 that, if awarded, could bring in more than $5M in extramural funding.
- A key source of financial support for the CRSF is provided by the Maine Economic Improvement Fund (MEIF). The $202,058 investment from MEIF leveraged $546,944 from other CRSF sources and $4,303,096 in extramural grants for a total leverage of $4,850,040 of additional research funding—a $24.00 return on investment for every dollar of MEIF funding.
- PI Weiskittel awarded $500K from NSF for a 5-year Phase 3 of I/UCRC CAFS program that links UMaine to 6 other universities across the country and is led by CRSF.
- CRSF Director Weiskittel received the 2019 Maine Forest Products Council’s Presidential Award for his dedication and service to the state’s forest industry.
- The $3 million INSPIRES NSF EPSCoR Track 2 project started Aug 1, 2019 and is an interjurisdictional partnership between Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.
Be sure to regularly check our News & Events page so you’ll know about future publications and events.